Monday, November 21, 2011

DIY Frame Art

Since we moved, I've been busy unpacking and also feeling like my house is really bare. There is just so many more walls (and rooms and footage) in this house compared to our apartment. Also, since we just moved and had to buy beds for everyone and some furniture plus replace all of our food, decorating my bare walls is on the low priority list of our budget.

I did however convince Jed to let me spend $15 for each room right now. I've been looking around for ideas and finally came up with this:



And it was less than $15!

You can tell I did it myself, but I'm happy with it. This is my frame art for our library. I have some other things to do to finish the room, but I was really excited that this turned out.

I first got the idea for empty frames from my friend, Summer. She had some extra frames and she just put them up and I thought it was really cute. I went to the Dollar Store and picked out some frames and bought some blue paint for $2 and painted them. I got the jars for the vases for $0.50 each and had the flowers (in the Spring and Summer I'll use real flowers). You can check out Cupcakes and Cashmere blog for the floating vase tutorial. I'm still deciding whether or not to keep the jars exposed (Jed thinks it adds character) or wrapping them in ribbon.

Well, anyways that's my affordable diy project. :)

1 comment: