Saturday, October 29, 2011

DIY Feather Skirt

My in laws have a tradition of a girls only Witches Tea Party for Halloween and this year we were actually around to go. I didn't realize I had to actually have a costume until a couple of weeks prior to the party. I've been so busy that I didn't really have time to put one together but I was working on this skirt for Chloe's Halloween costume. Elijah wanted to be a giraffe so I was going to make Chloe an ostrich costume. I found this tutorial for a feather skirt on Love Meagan that I was going to use for the base of her costume. With this Witches Tea Party though I remembered that I already had a witch costume for Chloe that was a hand me down from my 4 year old sister. I already bought everything to make her costume so I decided to alter it and make the skirt for me. Actually, I found a witch's hat at Joanne's for $5 and it inspired the rest of my costume. I only spent $15 making the skirt too, because I used 50% off coupons for the feather boas and the fabric was also 50%. I think I'm going to turn my skirt into a skirt for Chloe still. I can get her to wear it, but really, when am I going to ever wear this again? lol

Here's a side view so you can get a better view of the skirt
(the hat is purple not blue, hence the purple hair and eyelashes to match)

And here is both of us in our witches outfits

2 comments: