Sunday, May 15, 2011

Rose Petal Skirt

When I saw this skirt, I immediately needed to make it. It's actually called a "Bustle Skirt", but since I made mine red, it looked like rose petals. I really wish I had seen this tutorial earlier this year, because this is what I would have made for Chloe to wear on Valentine's Day. I love how girlie and romantic it is. I made it a little bit bigger, so she would have it longer to wear ... maybe even for next Valentine's Day : )

This is really easy to make, but it is time consuming. I also decided to make my circles smaller than the ones in the tutorial since I was making the skirt for my 15 month old daughter, and theirs was for a 4 year old. I would recommend just doing the larger circle, it really took a lot more time to cutout and sew all of the circles. But this skirt only took me a few hours to do.

But I LOVE this skirt! I love to watch her run in it, because it just has so much movement from the "petals" all over the skirt. Here's a picture of the skirt worn by my little model :)

No comments:

Post a Comment